Founded in November 2012, Meeting Point Hellas has rapidly ascended to become a prominent B2B incoming destination management company, headquartered in Heraklion, Crete. Our strategic presence extends across Greece, with branches located in Athens, Corfu, Kos, and Rhodes. Additionally, we have cultivated an extensive partner network, allowing us to offer comprehensive services nationwide. The core of Meeting Point Hellas consists of a diverse team of 130 dedicated individuals, whose collective expertise and profound product knowledge span the Greek islands and mainland.
Our commitment to excellence manifests through granting client’s access to an ever-expanding portfolio of over 1,200 hotels. This includes both static content and dynamic content accessible via Meeting Point Global. We take pride in offering unique time-to-market products and the exclusive management of seven hotels and resorts under the MP Hotels banner. Complementing our comprehensive accommodation options, our excursions portfolio boasts a rich selection of more than 200 programs throughout Greece. These experiences are facilitated by our team of multilingual professional guides and representatives. Additionally, we excel in arranging transfers and car rentals across every corner of Greece, consistently delivering the best prices and upholding the highest standards of quality and safety.
As a subsidiary of Meeting Point International, we draw upon global resources, a forward-thinking vision, and an innate understanding of tour operator requirements to provide our clients with a distinct competitive advantage. Leveraging our robust purchasing power and unwavering commitment to security, we ensure that our clients receive unparalleled value. Our team of skilled and dedicated Key Account Managers collaborates closely with each client, tailoring solutions that address their unique needs and aspirations.
Our expanding presence, unwavering commitment to service excellence, cutting-edge technological capabilities, and the trusted Meeting Point brand distinguish us in the industry. These qualities have garnered the trust of established travel groups and companies from various source markets, who rely on us for their incoming business needs. We take pride in being esteemed partners of industry leaders such as FTI Group, Alpitour, Novaturas, Fischer Travel Group, Karavel, Jumbo Tours, Sunhotels, and other renowned tour operators, OTAs, and bed banks.
Meeting Point Hellas is unwavering in its commitment to fostering a sustainable future, with a clear focus on enhancing the social, economic, and environmental well-being of the communities within our operational purview.
Our dedication extends to actively seeking improvements in the environmental, social, and economic dimensions of communities deeply intertwined with the tourism industry. Our overarching goal is to mitigate the adverse effects of tourism by offering socially and environmentally responsible products to our esteemed guests, all while actively engaging with and benefiting our local communities. Our primary objective is to craft sustainable solutions that not only enhance the vacation experiences of our clients but also contribute to the overall well-being of our employees and stakeholders throughout our supply chain.
Deeply ingrained in the fabric of our organization are our core values, which serve as the bedrock of our mission. These values encompass an unwavering commitment to safety, a heartfelt concern for the well-being of individuals, an unyielding dedication to environmental preservation, and an ironclad commitment to personal and corporate integrity. These guiding principles are the compass that unwaveringly directs us toward the realization of a sustainable and promising future.
MP Hellas is dedicated to reducing its environmental footprint, fostering sustainable growth, and motivating others to join in these efforts.
The purpose of a sustainability policy at MP Hellas is to create a well-defined and all-encompassing framework that provides guidance for our organization towards responsible and ethical practices. This policy serves as a roadmap to minimize any adverse effects of our operations on the environment, society, and local communities while maximizing the positive contributions we can offer. It seeks to strike a balance between the economic advantages of our services and the preservation of natural resources, cultural heritage, and the overall welfare of the regions we operate in. By outlining our specific goals, objectives, and strategies, our sustainability policy helps align our efforts towards building a sustainable and enduring presence that benefits both the present and future generations.
This policy extends to encompass all individuals and entities affiliated with MP Hellas, including employees, contractors, suppliers, and stakeholders. It encompasses all aspects of our operations, including but not limited to sustainable tourism practices, environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and community engagement.
The policy does not cover the personal and non-business activities of individuals outside of their roles within MP Hellas. Additionally, it does not pertain to matters governed by specific legal regulations that are beyond the control of MP Hellas.
The implementation of this policy is the collective responsibility of all MP Hellas employees and contractors, with the support and oversight of our management team. The policy’s impact extends to our immediate and extended network of partners, collaborators, and the communities we operate within.
Sustainability management & legal compliance
The leadership team at MP Hellas is fully dedicated to upholding the company’s sustainability standards and aligns with the company’s sustainability mission statement and policy. We will leverage the Travelife platform for reporting our sustainability advancements, continuously monitoring, and assessing our progress. Our commitment extends to regularly sharing our sustainability performance, as documented in the Travelife report, with the public every two years.
Sustainability management & legal compliance
MP Hellas is firmly dedicated to the perpetual enhancement of sustainability measures, which encompass the systematic monitoring and assessment of our sustainability policy. We allocate dedicated personnel and resources to effectively realize our sustainability objectives.
Our commitment extends to full compliance with all pertinent local, regional, national, and international regulations governing various aspects, including but not limited to human resources, human rights, children’s rights, land rights, environmental management, wildlife, and land use. We rigorously adhere to a stringent Code of Ethics, underscored by a zero-tolerance stance against corruption, bribery, forced labour, and discrimination.
Internal management: social policy & human rights
At MP Hellas, we hold a deep appreciation for our employees as the cornerstone of our ability to deliver enriching travel experiences to our valued customers. To uphold this commitment, we maintain a comprehensive human resource policy, with a steadfast focus on the following principles:
- Legal Compliance: We operate in strict accordance with all applicable legal requirements to ensure the rights and well-being of our employees.
- Safe and Healthy Workplace: Our workplace is founded on the principles of safety, health, and a welcoming atmosphere, fostering an environment where our team can thrive.
- Equitable Contract Conditions: We are dedicated to providing our employees with fair contract conditions, including equitable compensation that reflects their contributions and dedication.
- Continuous Training: We invest in the professional development of our employees, offering training opportunities encompassing sustainability, prevention of sexual harassment and exploitation, and industry-specific knowledge.
- Sustainability Participation: We actively engage our employees in sustainability planning activities, valuing their input and insights.
- Inclusion and Equal Opportunity: MP Hellas is unwavering in its commitment to promoting inclusion and equal opportunity for all employees. This extends to areas such as compensation, promotion, distribution of benefits, and professional growth opportunities.
Internal management: environment
Environmental management of office operations
MP Hellas hold an unwavering commitment to minimizing the environmental impact of our business operations. We actively adhere to sustainable and environmentally conscious principles, embracing the 5Rs – Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, and Recycle. Our comprehensive approach includes the following measures:
- Regulatory Compliance: We rigorously follow all local and national regulations pertaining to environmental laws, ensuring strict adherence in all aspects of our operations.
- Resource Monitoring: We continuously measure, monitor, and assess the utilization of commodities and products across our operations, with a particular focus on water, waste, paper and energy.
- Sustainable Procurement: Our procurement practices prioritize locally sourced, seasonal, fair trade, and minimally packaged office supplies. Whenever possible, we opt for sustainability-certified products to further our commitment to responsible resourcing.
- Responsible Printing: Printing is a last resort for us, and when necessary, we strictly adhere to double-sided, grayscale printing practices. Our paper choices always meet the FSC or equivalent certification standards, with a preference for materials containing the highest percentage of post-consumer content.
- Energy Efficiency: All common areas are equipped with energy-saving measures, and our equipment and lighting are energy-efficient. We diligently ensure that all equipment is turned off, unplugged, or in sleep mode when inactive.
- Water Conservation: Water-saving initiatives are integrated into all common areas and restrooms, including water capture in external spaces, to optimize our water usage efficiently.
- Waste Management: We segregate waste into specific categories, including plastic, paper, metal, glass, and e-waste based on the local regulations. Proper disposal is ensured, either through collaboration with a private waste management company or municipal channels.
- Pollution Mitigation: We are dedicated to minimizing noise, light, and air pollution, striving to create an environment that is harmonious with the natural surroundings and respectful of the local community.
Through these comprehensive measures, we aim to maintain a minimal direct footprint and uphold our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Carbon management of office operations
Our unwavering commitment lies in reducing our carbon footprint and minimizing travel to the greatest extent feasible. To achieve this goal, we have adopted a multi-faceted approach:
- Travel Reduction: We actively seek opportunities to minimize travel, continuously evaluating the necessity of each trip to reduce our overall travel footprint.
- Carbon Footprint Monitoring: We rigorously monitor and measure our carbon footprint, with a steadfast aim to reduce it to the fullest extent possible.
- Remote Work Promotion: Whenever feasible, we encourage remote work options for our employees. In instances where remote work is not possible, we facilitate eco-conscious transportation choices to empower our team members to limit their carbon impact.
- Offset Commitment: MP Hellas is fully committed to offsetting, to the highest possible degree, both direct and indirect carbon emissions stemming from travel and fossil energy consumption. We achieve this through collaboration with esteemed carbon offset organizations or by own and customer engagements i.e., planting trees etc.
- Sustainable Procedures: We implement stringent procedures, including proper maintenance protocols for our vehicle fleet.
- Energy Efficiency: Wherever possible and appropriate, we invest in energy-efficient equipment and appliances to reduce energy consumption and enhance sustainability.
Through these concerted efforts, MP Hellas aims to play a pivotal role in mitigating our environmental impact, reducing our carbon footprint, and fostering a culture of eco-consciousness throughout our organization.
General Vendors policy
MP Hellas is unwavering in its commitment to responsible sourcing of products and services, diligently striving to mitigate adverse impacts on society, culture, and the environment and we endeavour to maintain a consistent commitment to sustainability in our dealings with suppliers, seeking alignment with our high standards whenever feasible.
Our preference is to collaborate with partners who share our resolute commitment to sustainability. We seek out partners who have formally integrated sustainability into their business ethos, either through a documented sustainability statement within their business policy or the establishment of a well-defined sustainability policy.
We actively seek suppliers within destination areas that are locally owned or managed, advocate for the use of local and seasonal products and services and contribute positively to the local community through equitable employment practices and fair working conditions.
Whenever feasible, our company aligns itself with partner companies that adhere to tourism-specific, internationally recognized sustainability certifications, often accredited by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC). We also consider sustainability certifications such as Tavelife or ISO.
Our company’s expectation is that our suppliers uphold a comprehensive code of conduct which encompasses several key responsible business practices, including:
- Adherence to all applicable local, regional, national, and international regulations.
- Respect for human rights, including labour rights, children’s rights, and women’s rights.
- Commitment to fair employment conditions.
- Adherence to anti-corruption, anti-bribery, anti-extortion, and anti-discrimination policies.
- Protection of children from (sexual) exploitation through tourism.
- Preservation of the environment and natural resources.
- Actions that prioritize the best interests of local communities.
- Safeguarding the interests of MP Hellas.
- Our complete supplier Code of Conduct is readily accessible here: http://rb.gy/hnj0l
In line with our zero-tolerance stance, MP Hellas will promptly sever any relationships with suppliers found to be in violation of our Code of Conduct. Specifically, this applies to acts of bribery, corruption, discrimination, or human rights violations.
MP Hellas is dedicated to raising awareness among our suppliers regarding the adoption of sound social and environmental practices and minimizing their carbon footprint. We actively engage with suppliers to enhance their sustainability performance, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement. We encourage suppliers to embark on their sustainability journey and provide support and resources as needed.
Maintaining transparent and open lines of communication with our suppliers and partners is paramount to our collaborative efforts. We welcome feedback from our stakeholders on all topics, particularly those related to sustainability, to ensure the mutual advancement of our shared goals.
Partner agencies and Vendors
MP Hellas is unwavering in its commitment to conducting business ethically and sustainably. Our partnerships with agencies and other Vendors are carefully selected to ensure they fully align with our Code of Conduct for Business Partners, reflecting our shared values and dedication to responsible tourism.
Throughout the entire lifecycle of our travel packages, we entrust our partners to champion the well-being of local communities and the preservation of natural environments. Their actions are expected to mirror our core principles, safeguarding both the cultural and ecological integrity of the destinations we explore and enhancing the overall travel experience for our guests.
To empower our partners in their journey towards sustainability, we go above and beyond by encouraging them to enter the Travelife online learning and reporting platform. By doing so, we equip our partners with a remarkable tool necessary to continually improve their sustainability practices, ensuring a shared commitment to responsible and environmentally conscious tourism.
By fostering strong, ethical partnerships and promoting sustainability education, MP Hellas aims to create a positive and lasting impact on the travel industry, where ethical and responsible practices are embraced, benefiting all stakeholders involved.
MP Hellas maintains strict criteria when engaging with transportation providers, ensuring their adherence to our comprehensive Code of Conduct for Business Partners.
In our commitment to responsible travel, the company places a strong emphasis on selecting environmentally friendly transportation options for our guests’ journeys, within our destination. Our choice of transport considers multiple factors, including distance, affordability, route efficiency, and passenger comfort.
To drive our sustainability efforts further, we have established a set of clear guidelines aimed at minimizing greenhouse gas emissions associated with transportation. These measures encompass:
- Giving preference to ground transportation for short-haul travel.
- Encourage travellers to embrace the use of public transportation within our destinations, promoting eco-friendly mobility.
- Selecting vehicle sizes that align with group sizes, ensuring efficiency in transportation while considering the most fuel-efficient options available.
- Striving to avoid in-destination flights whenever possible, prioritizing alternative travel options.
Furthermore, MP Hellas is dedicated to offsetting the unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions generated through transportation. These costs are either integrated into the package price as a default inclusion or actively offered to clients as a booking option, reinforcing our commitment to sustainability and responsible travel practices.
MP Hellas only works with accommodations that adhere to the company’s Code of Conduct for Business Partners.
In the accommodation selection process, we consider the sustainability practices of an accommodation by considering their sustainability management and social and environmental footprint.
Our company favours the selection of accommodations that respect and protect land use, as well as respectfully highlight elements of local architecture, customs, and traditions.
Activities & Excursions
MP Hellas strictly partners exclusively with excursion providers who align with the company’s Code of Conduct for Business Partners.
Every excursion and activity organized by or on behalf of MP Cyprys places utmost importance on upholding local customs, traditions, cultural heritage, and the preservation of natural resources.
Our company is firmly committed to ensuring that no excursions or activities it offers have adverse effects on humans, wildlife, the environment, or essential natural resources such as water and energy.
We actively seek excursions and activities that actively contribute to the welfare of local communities, uphold animal welfare standards, and actively participate in environmental conservation efforts.
MP Hellas has diligently formulated comprehensive guidelines, including Codes of Conduct, designed specifically for excursions that involve sensitive environmental and cultural aspects. These guidelines are proactively communicated to guests and diligently put into practice by excursion providers and guides.
Tour leaders, local representatives, and guides
MP Hellas is firmly committed to engaging qualified local guides, porters, drivers, and other local staff, ensuring that they receive fair and sustainable wages, along with providing them with secure and equitable working conditions. We maintain the same expectations for our suppliers who employ local staff on behalf of MP Hellas.
Recognizing the pivotal role guides play as the vital link between our guests and the social, cultural, and environmental aspects of the destination, MP Hellas places great emphasis on ensuring that all guides, whether hired by us directly or leading tours on our behalf, undergo regular training and possess a deep knowledge of sustainability matters relevant to the destination.
At MP Hellas, we prioritize the training of our guides on crucial issues, particularly the prevention of sexual exploitation of children in the context of tourism. This is a fundamental aspect of our commitment to responsible and ethical tourism practices.
MP Hellas actively facilitates continuous learning and development opportunities for our guides, particularly in sustainability-related subjects. We provide them, if interested, with complimentary access to the Travelife online learning platform, ensuring that they stay informed and up-to-date on sustainability matters.
Sustainable destinations Our company places a strong emphasis on endorsing regions that are situated away from conventional tourist hubs. These areas often exhibit lower levels of economic and social development while inherently embodying sustainability as an integral aspect of their community and destination growth.
At MP Hellas, our objective is to direct travellers towards secondary or less-frequented tourist locales, thereby enriching our guests’ experiences by exposing them to the authentic hospitality of rural residents.
We actively showcase regions within our programs where ancient history and culture authentically reflect the essence of the destination. This approach allows our guests to gain insight into local traditions and become an integral part of the everyday life of the inhabitants.
Supporting local communities and economies MP Hellas pledges to make a constructive impact on the localities where we conduct our operations through:
- Engaging in responsible local sourcing and the promotion of traditional arts and culture
- Promoting responsible guest shopping and providing education on the illegality of prohibited souvenirs
- Fostering collaboration with various local tourism stakeholders, including local Government, fellow tourism enterprises, academic institutions, and community groups, to advance sustainable tourism development in the destination.
- Upholding and advocating for the full spectrum of human rights, encompassing children’s rights, women’s rights, labour rights, and land rights, within our tourism initiatives.
Environmental Responsibility in Destinations
MP Hellas is dedicated to environmental responsibility within the destinations where we operate by:
- Preserving the integrity of natural resources.
- Enlightening our guests about responsible travel principles and ethical visitor conduct.
Customer communication and protection
- Comprehensive Legal Compliance: We ensure that we adhere to all relevant laws and regulations, guaranteeing that our practices align with legal requirements.
- Data and Customer Protection: We are dedicated to securing the personal data of our customers. Stringent measures are in place to protect sensitive information, assuring customers of their safety.
- Transparency: Our customers have full visibility into how their information is utilized, as we believe in complete transparency regarding data handling practices.
This approach reinforces our commitment to safeguarding customer interests and maintaining the highest ethical standards in data management.
Marketing and communication
MP Hellas unwaveringly upholds the value of integrity across all situations, ensuring that our products and services consistently mirror the claims we communicate.
Our commitments, both explicit and implicit, are of paramount importance to us. We diligently honour these commitments and promises, taking our responsibility to fulfil them with utmost sincerity.
We staunchly guarantee the authenticity of our sustainability claims and stand firmly behind them, offering our unwavering support and transparency.
In our marketing endeavours, we place a strong emphasis on inclusivity and representation. We meticulously assess cultural, religious, and ethnic sensitivities, prioritizing respect and sensitivity to diverse perspectives throughout our approach.
MP Hellas is committed to ensuring that our customers are well-informed about the social and environmental implications of their journeys. We prioritize their education regarding sustainable options available to them, which includes clear and comprehensive communication about:
- Certified Accommodations: We provide our customers with information about accommodations that have achieved sustainability certifications, allowing them to make conscious choices aligned with their values.
- Carbon Emissions Compensation: Our company offers customers the opportunity to offset the CO2 emissions generated by their trips, allowing them to contribute positively to environmental conservation efforts.
- Community-Benefiting Activities and Excursions: We promote activities and excursions that not only enhance the travel experience but also directly benefit local communities and support environmental preservation.
- Responsible Shopping and Prohibited Souvenirs: Our customers receive guidance on responsible shopping practices and are educated about the legal and ethical aspects of souvenir purchases, ensuring they make informed choices.
MP Hellas is dedicated to ensuring that every customer experience is characterized by positivity and satisfaction. To achieve this, we adhere to stringent policies encompassing various crucial aspects, including but not limited to:
- Health and Safety: The safety and well-being of our customers are paramount. Our policies prioritize health and safety measures to guarantee a secure and enjoyable journey.
- Emergency Procedures: We maintain comprehensive protocols for emergency situations, ensuring that our customers are well-prepared and protected in unforeseen circumstances.
- Group Management: We carefully manage group sizes to enhance the quality of the travel experience and minimize environmental impact.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Offsetting: We take active measures to reduce emissions and offer customers the opportunity to offset their carbon footprint.
- Transportation: Our transportation policies prioritize eco-friendly options whenever possible and aim to minimize the environmental impact of travel.
- Responsible Shopping: We educate our customers on responsible shopping practices and ethical souvenirs, contributing to responsible tourism.
- Prevention of Exploitation: We are committed to preventing sexual exploitation and protecting children in tourism through comprehensive policies and employee training.
- Customer Satisfaction and Complaints: We actively seek feedback from our customers and address any concerns promptly, striving to continuously enhance their experience.
MP Hellas maintains open channels of communication with customers, encouraging their input on various topics, with a particular focus on sustainability.
Contact / Responsible person
Every member of our team bears the responsibility for upholding and adhering to this policy.
It is the duty of each staff member to actively champion and put into practice this sustainability policy within their respective departments.
The execution of this policy will be overseen by our designated Sustainability Coordinator, whose contact information is as follows:
Name: Loukis Andreou
This policy comes into effect starting from 01.10.2023. To ensure its continuous relevance and effectiveness, it will be regularly reviewed and updated as needed.
This policy was last revised and came into effect on October 1, 2023. It will undergo another review by June 30, 2024, as part of our commitment to ensuring its ongoing relevance and effectiveness.